The Cronulla Sharks Mermaids are launching a first ever virtual round 1 audition opening up the opportunity for dancers nationwide to audition for the 2022 NRL season.
The Minespec Parts Mermaids are known and recognised for their professionalism, talent and being positive role models in the community and have established themselves as an integral part of the Cronulla Sharks organisation.
Regarded as one of the best cheer squads in the NRL, the Cronulla Sharks are on the search to bring on board the next group of highly trained professional dancers to amplify our 2022 game day entertainment.
Delivering dynamic performances at all home games, attend weekly rehearsals whilst also appearing at community and corporate events throughout the season.
The Minespec Parts Mermaids are set to raise the bar, as we head home to PointsBet stadium in 2022.
Please find below the key audition dates and information
We are now open to take online submissions with information provided below. The online Submissions will close on Jan 20th, 2022 at 5.00pm.
Sunday, January 23rd
Registration: 9.00am. Audition - 9.30am -11.30pm
Location: TBC via email
ONLINE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
· CLICK HERE to download the application form
· Application completed and submitted by January 20th, 5:00pm.
· Attached headshot & full-length photo
· CV with dance background
· 45 sec jazz routine
· 45 sec hip hop routine
· An intro to camera:
Name, Age, Dance background & favourite dance styles, a short background on you and why you want to be part of the Minespec Parts Mermaids (Please extra skills eg: acro, gymnastics)
· Upload videos to YouTube and select “Unlisted” in the settings
· Email all attachments and video links to [email protected]
· Must be 18 years old by March 2022
· Must complete online application including headshot, resume, proof of COVID19 Vaccination certificate
· Must have reliable transportation to rehearsals and events
· Must be able to attend the entire audition process
· Must be available for rehearsals Tuesday evenings
· Must be available for select weekends during the season for various club events.
· Must be available for all 2022 games
· Must be available for paid and voluntary appearances from hire date until your contract expires in 2022
· Athletic attire that allows for full range of movement
· Hair should be styled down and out of the candidate’s face
· One pair of earrings may be worn – (ALL other jewelry must be removed especially for field call back)
· Tattoos must be covered
· Stage / performance makeup
· No ribbons / bows or accessories that could potentially cause a distraction or danger
· Overall clean and professional appearance
· Hoisery is not required but may be worn
· No-show socks or no socks
· This is a paid role. Successful candidates must hold an ABN
For more information please contact, Jacqueline-Lee Elliott - [email protected]