You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Flegg Sharks make it 2 from 2

They left it late however courtesy of a try four minutes from full time the Jersey Flegg Sharks managed to make it two wins from as many starts in 2018 with a 22-18 victory over St George Illawarra at Kogarah Jubilee Stadium on Saturday. 

Played in extremely hot and humid conditions, the Sharks battled back from an 18-12 half time deficit, with second half tries to Bronson Xerri in the 67th minute and Josh Carr in the dying moments, helping to secure the win. 

As the final scoreline shows, the Sharks had to fight until the final whistle to claim the two competition points, with the win seeing them tied on top with three other undefeated teams through the opening two weeks of the under-20's competition. 

Facing a fired up Dragons outfit the Sharks fell behind to a St George try in the seventh minute of the match, before back rower Teig Wilton notched first points for Cronulla with a try shortly after. 

Again the home team edged in front through winger Isaac Lumelume, his try converted by Braydon Trindall which leveled the scores once more. 

The Dragons would score again to take a six-point advantage to half time, however the Sharks responded defensively in the second 40 minutes in holding their opponents scoreless, with the two late tries tipping the ledger in their favour. 

The Sharks will look to keep their perfect record intact when they tackle the Manly Sea Eagles at HE Laybutt Field in Blacktown next Sunday. Kick off will be at 1.00pm. 

Teig Wilton, Isaac Lumelume, Bronson Xerri, Josh Carr tries, Braydon Trindall 3 goals

Acknowledgement of Country

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.

Premier Partner

Major Partners

View All Partners