Registrations for League Touch have officially opened for the 2017 season.
League Touch is an exciting version of non-contact Rugby League. Players can grubber, chip or kick on any touch and kick conversions after scoring a try. The game is all-inclusive, with divisions spanning from the Under 7’s to the Over 35’s available to both men and women.
All 14 of the Sutherland Shire’s Junior Rugby League (JRL) clubs are set to enter teams in the upcoming League Touch competition. Games will be played on Sundays and paid League Touch referee positions are currently open. Register at your local JRL club as a family.
Snapshot of JRL - Sharks League-Touch rules:
- Played across half a rugby league field with 10m in-goals
- Conversions after a try
- Kickoffs and Dropouts
- Knock backs (dropped ball) play on
- 5 to 9 players per team depending on your age. 9 a side is full field. Compulsory fullback in defence.
- Kicking (chips, grubbers, cross field kicks) allowed on any touch
- Dummy half can be touched
- Play the ball must be with foot. No markers.
For more information or to register, click HERE