Regarded as one of the best cheer squads in the NRL, the Cronulla Sharks are on the search to bring on board the next group of highly trained professional dancers to amplify our 2020 game day entertainment.
The Cronulla Sharks Mermaids consist of a highly trained group of dancers, performing fresh new routines and sidelines at each home game, with high energy performances, love for the sport and the Cronulla Sharks. The Mermaids are a team of hardworking, strong, and passionate women in the NRL
Audition date: Thursday, December 12th
7pm registration | 7.30pm audition
Call back: Thursday, December 19th
7.00pm registration | 7.30pm audition
Must be 18 years +
Available to commence pre season training mid January 2020 and available for the NRL season March - October.
Prep class: Thursday, December 5th | 7.00-8.30pm $20.00 per person
Venue: JLD.Entertainment studios
(address available after audition submissions)
To register, please email Jacqueline-Lee Elliott - [email protected] your dance CV, head and body shot by December 11.
Please bring on the day: Current head shot and CV.
· The audition will begin with a warm up, exercises, technique and combinations across the floor
· Choreography to be taught, followed by a freestyle section
· Short break for water and snack
· Choreography and performance in small groups of 5
· Interviews for successful applicants
· Successful candidates may be announced at the end of audition for call backs
· Choose an outfit that stands out, compliments your figure and is easy to dance in.
· Bring water, sweat towel, snacks and make up with you on the day to touch up and refuel in breaks. This will be a long audition for some.
· Be yourself, smile and ask questions on the day if you need too.
- Attend the audition prep class to familiarise yourself with choreography and style that will be taught at the audition.
Pre season rehearsals begin in mid January 2020 and continue through until our first trial home game. Rehearsals are held on a Tuesday night at 7.00pm and run for up to 3 hours at a time.
We look forward to seeing you there.