Five Sharks Women’s Series team members and eight Australian Jillaroos have been named in the NSW Women's Rugby League team ahead of the 2017 Harvey Norman Interstate Challenge.
To be played on Sunday, July 23, the NSW v Queensland Women’s Interstate challenge match, will be held at WIN Stadium in Wollongong before the Round 20 NRL clash between the St George Illawarra Dragons and the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.
Sharks Corban McGregor, Ruan Sims, Jessica Stergis, Talesha Quinn and Ruby Ewe will be a part of the NSW Blues line up.
While McGregor and Sims are experienced campaigners when it comes to Women’s representative football, Stergis is something of an overnight success story, with her selection on the NSW wing coming after developing her skills in the Sharks Women's program and just a handful of games into her Rugby League career.
The NSW side will be looking to retain the shield after their historic win over Queensland last year, with the victory breaking an 18-year drought.
The Harvey Norman Interstate Challenge will be broadcast live on Fox League on 23 July.
The NSW team is listed below;
Harvey Norman NSW Women’s team
1. Samantha Bremner (Helensburgh Tigers)
2. Jessica Sergis (Cronulla-Caringbah)
3. Corban McGregor (Cronulla-Caringbah)
4. Isabelle Kelly (North Newcastle)
5. Nakia Davis-Welsh (Redfern All Blacks)
6. Caitlin Moran (North Newcastle)
7. Maddie Studdon (Redfern All Blacks)
8. Ruan Sims (Cronulla-Caringbah)
9. Rebecca Riley (Redfern All Blacks)
10. Elianna Walton (Greenacre Tigers)
11. Kezie Apps (Helensburgh Tigers)
12. Talesha Quinn (Cronulla-Caringbah)
13. Simaima Taufa (Mounties)
14. Lavina Phillips (Redfern All Blacks)
15. Rebecca Young (North Newcastle)
16. Ruby Ewe (Cronulla-Caringbah)
17. Vanessa Foliaki (East Brisbane Tigers)
18. Jasmin Allende (Redfern All Blacks)
Head Coach - Ben Cross