Sharks halfback Chad Townsend and club teammate Joseph Paulo have been named in the KARI City Origin team alongside skipper Paul Gallen for Sunday’s final City v Country Origin match this weekend.
Townsend, who helped engineer the Sharks narrow victory over the Tigers at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday night, was also a member of the City Origin team in 2016.
Paulo has spent most of his career playing in the backrow but has been used primarily as a utility off the bench for the Sharks this season with his versatility an obvious attraction to coach Brad Fittler when he was selecting his City team for the game in Mudgee on Sunday.
Late last week it was revealed that Gallen would Captain the side in his first appearance in the City team since 2006.
Sharks teammate Matt Prior has been selected in the Country team, which will be coached by Craig Fitzgibbon.
The match against the VB Country Origin side will be played at Mudgee’s Glen Willow Regional Sports Stadium this Sunday (7 May).
KARI City Origin team
1. Matt Moylan (Penrith Panthers)
2. Clinton Gutherson (Parramatta Eels)
3. Nathan Ross (Newcastle Knights)
4. Tyrone Peachey (Penrith Panthers)
5. Josh Addo-Carr (Melbourne Storm)
6. Bryce Cartwright (Penrith Panthers)
7. Chad Townsend (Cronulla Sharks)
8. James Tamou (Penrith Panthers)
9. Cameron McInnes (St George Illawarra Dragons)
10. Paul Gallen (Cronulla Sharks)
11. Curtis Sironen (Manly Sea Eagles)
12. David Gower (Parramatta Eels)
13. Hame Sele (St George Illawarra Dragons)
14. Joseph Paulo (Cronulla Sharks)
15. Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
16. Pauli Pauli (Newcastle Knights)
17. Jake Marketo (St George Illawarra Dragons)