The Sharks are only days away from breaking for the Christmas / New Years period, and that is much to the delight of the Club’s Members and fans.
Why? Because it means the 2016 edges that little bit ever closer … and that could only ever be a good thing!
We’re all missing our weekly footy fix, and here are 7 signs that prove how much we all want – and need – the 2016 season to kick off … ASAP!
1. You have actually started to enjoy prime-time television on a Friday and (/or) Saturday night.
You thought it wasn’t possible. But lo and behold, the curse of the off-season has struck again. From tuning into the footy without fail on a Friday or Saturday night, you’ve now become hooked on the latest renovation and cooking shows.
Terms including – but not limited to – ‘Rustic’, ‘Modern’ and ‘Industrial’, and phrases like ‘Plating up’ or ‘Tools down’ have crept into your everyday vocabulary.
And they need to go.
2. December hasn’t even passed and you’re already sick of the Cricket.
If last week’s first Test was anything to go by, the West Indies will offer up about as much resistance as an ice-block left out on the back veranda under the Summer sun.
It’s all-but elementary that the Aussie side will run out dominating victors in the series. And as much as we love to see our countrymen doing well, we’re already looking forward to the change of sporting season.
3. You visit YouTube ONLY to hear the dulcet tones of one Ray ‘Rabbits’ Warren
Turn it up! The voice of Rugby League takes a well-earned break from calling the game from October through March - But that doesn’t mean you stop wanting to hear the great man’s best work!
4. ‘Shark Week’ meant nothing to you. Every week is Shark Week.
While your friends and family last week shared pictures and stories of Shark Week, you couldn’t have cared less.
Rounds 1-26, and the days and weeks inclusive, is YOUR ‘Shark Week’. And even when the off-season hits, that doesn’t waiver.
5. Your advent calendar counts down the days until Round 1 – not December 25.
Pop out those little squares and get stuck in to the chocolate that awaits – you’ve got 77 days left until the Sharks are back!
6. Simply hearing the word ‘nine’ (or nines) instantly triggers memories of that Valentine Holmes field-goal.
Do we even need to say more? The best buzzer-beater there ever was (if we can say so ourselves).
The stellar effort from the then 19-year-old Valentine Holmes is forever engrained in your memory. More of THIS please, Val.
7. You’ve asked Santa to bring you a Sharks 2016 Membership (…on more than one occasion)
And rightly so – it is the greatest gift of them all!
There’s been nothing left to the imagination, the big man in red knows exactly what to deliver this Christmas. If he doesn’t, he soon will.