You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

In a frantic finale the NYC Sharks have scored an 80th minute try to snatch a 22-all draw with the Sea Eagles in their match played at Remondis Stadium.

Fullback Dallas Wells out-leapt his opponent to score a match-leveling try just seconds from fulltime, however the conversion attempt from wide out was waved away, leaving both teams happy with one point but disappointed not to have claimed the win. 

The first half was something of an arm wrestle, with neither side able to assert their authority on the game but it was the Sharks to score first 18 minutes into the match.

Shifting the ball to the right Sharks centre Anthony Moraitis found himself one-on-one with his opponent and from close range he showed good footwork to get past the attempted tackle to touch down.

Jamaye Isaako kicked the conversion and the Sharks led 6-0.

The teams looked like going to the break with no change to the scoreline, however a Manly try, scored by backrower Luke Bartley on the stroke of half time, converted by Luke Garner, saw the teams deadlocked after the first 40 minutes.

The second half began with a couple of Manly penalties putting them on the attack and after repeat sets on the Sharks line they managed to add to their tally when lock Liam Knight crashed over.

The try was converted from under the uprights and Manly had a 12-6 lead five minutes into the second stanza.

The Sharks responded, a clever Taylar Garrett kick found Paul Simona alone on the right hand side, the centre easily winning the race to ground the ball for his teams second try.

Isaako kicked the extras from wide out and the scores were again level.

Keeping the pressure on and capitalising on Manly errors the Sharks pressed again, this time Moraitis finding Josh Add-Carr in support with the winger getting the ball down centimetres from the touch in goal line.

From the sideline Isaako’s kick was picture perfect and with 20 minutes of the match to go the Sharks were ahead 18-12.

The momentum shifted once again however, this time a well-placed kick, claimed by Latrell Schaumkel saw the Sea Eagles winger cross in the south-western corner to put Manly back within in two at 18-16 and with 13 minutes to go it was anyone’s game.

Manly then went back in front when hooker Michael Stigg beat some ordinary Sharks defense, the try converted by Garner to take the score to 22-18, but as it would pan out the match was far from over.

Just when it looked like Manly would hold on the Sharks mounted one last charge and sensing an opportunity out wide, on the last tackle and with the seconds ticking Garrett launched a kick high and wide into the corner, with fullback Wells jumping high to grab the football and plant it down.

Isaako’s kick to win the game after the full time siren drifted to the left of the posts, leaving the scores level at 22-apiece.

It was a brave effort once again from the young Sharks with the one point something of a relief after a string of losses.

Anthony Moriatis, Josh Addo-Carr, Paul Simona, Dallas Wells tries, Jamayne Isaako 3 goals

Drew with

Michael Stigg, Latrell Schaumkel, Luke Bartley, Liam Knight tries, Luke Garner 3 goals




Acknowledgement of Country

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.

Premier Partner

Major Partners

View All Partners