Working with and in the community, is an essential part of the Sharks Have Heart community initiative.
Founded in 2015, Sharks Have Heart strongly believes in its corporate citizenship and social responsibility. We strive to make a significant contribution and a real difference to our community. We aim to inspire, engage, educate and advance equality within our community while being recognised as a world class community engagement and social impact organisation.
Our commitment is unflinching: we will make a meaningful contribution to the well-being of our community, now and into the future, using football as the vehicle for a healthy, vibrant and stronger community. Sharks Have Heart has a vision to inspire, grow, educate and advance equality within our community, focusing on three pillars; Inclusivity & Diversity, Social Impact and Have Heart.
We are focused on achieving a lasting positive relationship with our community and charity partners. Through our programs we are able to achieve long lasting outcomes through the community which include;
• Reduce rates of bullying within schools
• Building resilience within children
• Educating our community on positive health and well-being lifestyle choices
• Community support
• Player appearances
• Volunteers network
• Supporting charities
• Junior League engagement
INCLUSIVITY AND DIVERSITY
• Mentoring ‘at risk’ local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students within our community
• Creating career transitional pathways for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
• Increasing Aboriginal ad Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness education within schools
• Supporting families and children with additional needs
• Providing social inclusion opportunities
For more information on our programs, CLICK HERE to read our 2018 summary.
Sharks Have Heart also has a standard donation and player appearance policy, which seeks to provide a fair and equitable opportunity to access Sharks players.
We kindly ask that you please follow the correct procedures to ask for assistance as outlined on the Community Requests webpage.