In 2018 the Cronulla Sharks are proud to add another great initiative to our Sharks Have Heart programs. We have agreed to partner with an organisation that uses an anonymous online incident reporting platform called STOPit to help prevent bullying, cyberbullying and even suicidal tendencies.
The Sharks – STOPit Initiative aims to make the Sutherland Shire and Riverina areas bully free over the next 3 years by giving access to the platform to all schools and businesses in the area. STOPit allows people to reach out anonymously when they feel like they need to reach out. STOPit have previously been endorsed by organisations such as AT&T Global, EY and even CNN.
The product aims to make a radical difference within the schooling environment to create a positive change for students in the Sutherland Shire and the wider community. This product compliments our current Make Bullying History Initiative program which has been running since 2016. Both MBHI and STOPit aim to be used as a tool to help achieve the common goal of eradicating bullying within schools. With 71% of students saying they have witnessed bullying in their schools, it is an important issue that we need to face and to overcome.
Students can simply report any incidences they are exposed to or hear about through the downloadable app. Once an incident is reported, it is added to the database for teachers to respond and manage the case. STOPit equips administrators with a smart, easy backend system which supports anonymous two-way communication and a host of other tools to save time and conduct an effective, efficient investigation. STOPit will add all cases to a database for easy management and reporting, it’s also completely confidential and all reports remain private to the school and its staff.
STOPit will provide all training to schools who include the program in their schools, and once training is complete. Your school will own and maintain the database and program. Schools can:
- Customise for your school locations and incident types when gathering information.
- Can create student profiles if student is a repeat offender.
- All reports can be put into a database, statistics then show schools, number of incidents and high incidence areas are happening (eg. Can see verbal abuse is high in the canteen area).
- With the data schools will be able to monitor the patterns of inappropriate behaviours within their schools and be able to act accordingly.
STOPit is simple and is controlled by an administrator from the school. When an incident occurs, the process would be as follows.
- When in the app students have the option to anonymously report an incident or engage in anonymous messaging.
- Students can report any incident and attach either a photo or video of the incident.
- Once an incident is reported the administrator is notified, in the backend of the system, who can then engage in real time in messaging with the Student.
- Administrator will gather more information (eg. location, who it is, type of incident) via messaging with the student and can create a detailed incidence report.
- When the administrator has all appropriate information, they can act on the incidence report as needed.
- All Incidences are recorded and timestamped for data collection.
For More information, please visit http://www.stopitsolutions.com.au or contact the following:
Executive General Manager | Australasia
Tel: +61 2 9144 4890 | Cel: +61 457 865 411
Managing Director | Australasia
Tel: +61 2 9144 4890 | Cel: +61 435 868 009