Your $25 a month contribution, will enable one child with autism to complete the Skillz4me program for a whole year.
All donations made over $2 are tax deductible.
Skillz4Me, a Sharks Have Heart-supported program for children on the Autism Spectrum or with additional needs.
A program combining sport, fun and therapy, Skillz4Me sessions focus on building confidence, improving social skills, coordination and balance, stimulating neural pathways, eye tracking and concentration, in a healthy, safe and friendly environment.
Skillz4Me was founded and conducted by Jason Stanton from Sharks Have Heart in partnership with his wife Sarah. Skillz4Me runs over 40 weeks and is a one-hour weekly session at no cost to families.
Each Skillz4me session attracts 10-30 families each week.
The Sharks support includes Stanton and his special brand of presentation skills in delivering this special initiative, with NRL squad member Aaron Gray a Skillz4me ambassador.
Skillz4Me is a free service that consists of a weekly activity session at Taren Point Youth Centre. Most children that attend cannot participate in mainstream sports and for many, the program is their only physical outlet for the week. The program is a combination of therapy, fun and sports attended by children with their parents or carers.
The objectives of the program
- build confidence of the individual through social interaction and sport
- reduce social isolation by creating a program inclusive of all ability levels
- provide respite to families
- provide social support for the families
- provide a no-cost program to families
- establish safe and positive environment for families
- teach basic sports skills
- strengthen community connections
- creating opportunities for kids to participate in activities they love
- assist with occupational, behavioral and speech therapy outcomes
Everyone is welcome, and we encourage families interested in attending to find out more at: www.Skillz4me.com.au
CLICK HERE to watch the program launch video.