The unprecedented wet weather and has pushed back the start of the 2022 Sharks Skills Development Program (SDP) however in some exciting news it can be announced that Sharks legend and 2016 Grand Final hero Luke Lewis will be a special guest coach.
Now scheduled to begin on Monday, March 21, the SDP will once again be hosted at Pointsbet Stadium in allowing participants to experience the same training environment and facilities as the Sharks NRL squad, and now with Lewis, the 2016 Clive Churchill Medallist to attend a session and impart his vast rugby league knowledge on the youngsters taking part.
Entering its seventh year, the SDP runs for four sessions, over four weeks and is the perfect preparation for the upcoming Junior League season, with the program updated in placing emphasis and an intensive focus on tackling technique, safe body positioning and core skills.
The SDP is ideal for beginners as well as experienced players, both boys and girls, aged between 5 and 12, looking to further enhance their skill development.
The program has been designed by Cronulla Sharks Academy and Talent Identification Manager Glenn Brailey, who currently oversees the Club’s entire Junior Reps Program, after previously coaching the premiership-winning Harold Matthews Cup side in 2015, along with Sharks Winter Academy and Development squads.
More information is below, including the key areas of skill development to be covered, dates and times, as well as the added extras included in the program price.
Key Areas of the Program
• Pre-contact safe body positioning
• Tackle Ready Program
• Pre-tackle preparation
• Tackle mechanics
• Safe falling technique
• Advanced Catch/Pass technique
• Play the ball
• Methods of evasion and running lines
• Creating overlaps and using numbers
• Exclusive Sharks Skills Development training shirt (Same training shirts as the NRL Squad )
• Invite to Play at Pre-game & Half-time at a Live Sharks NRL home Game
• 2 x Free tickets to a Sharks NRL home Game
• 4 Training sessions a Shark Park (PointsBet Stadium) with accredited Sharks Academy Coaches
• Invite to an exclusive Meet & Greet with the NRL Squad at a training session at Pointsbet Stadium (DATE TBA: Pending Apollo Covid restrictions easing)
5:15pm - 6:15pm
Session 1 – Monday 21st March
Session 2 – Monday 28th March
Session 3 – Monday 4th April
Session 4 – Monday 11th April
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER PLEASE - CLICK HERE