The absence of Chad Townsend has resulted in local junior Connor Tracey being named to play his first game in the halves for the Sharks in their clash with the Broncos on Friday night.
So far used as a bench utility by coach John Morris, Tracey has come through the grades as a half- five-eighth and has earned his spot in the Sharks side for Friday night’s crucial game.
Tracey returned to the Sharks in 2020 following two seasons at Souths.
In further team news, Josh Dugan has been named to make his return after missing the Dragons game with a hamstring issue, while Jesse Ramien will be given every opportunity to overcome a similar problem to potentially line up against the Brisbane side on Friday.
After a week on the sidelines due to a suspension, Briton Nikora also makes a return in the back row, with ‘super sub’ Siosifa Talakai selected on the interchange bench.
Talakai has made an impression for the Sharks playing in the middle of the field, as an edge back rower and also in the backline when needed, with his versatility proving to be a bonus for the Cronulla side.
The Sharks and Broncos game is scheduled for a 7.55pm kick off at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night.
See below the Sharks 21-man squad.
Match: Broncos v Sharks
Round 12 -
Venue: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
1.Will KENNEDY - sponsored by Infrastructure Nation
2. Sione KATOA - sponsored by WED Group
3. Josh DUGAN - sponsored by Waterwize Services
4. Jesse RAMIEN - sponsored by The Vinyl Room
5. Ronaldo MULITALO - sponsored by D.velop.R
6. Shaun JOHNSON - sponsored by Vox Law
7. Connor TRACEY - sponsored by Shire Steel & Fabrications
8. Braden HAMLIN-UELE - sponsored by Dacca Group
9. Blayke BRAILEY - sponsored by Shore Hire
10. Aaron WOODS - sponsored by Sydney Mutual Bank
11. Briton NIKORA - sponsored by John Ryan Freight Management
12. Wade GRAHAM © - sponsored by White Wolf Constructions
13. Toby RUDOLF – sponsored by Stewart Toyota