Sharks star Corban McGregor has been shifted to fullback for the Jillaroos final pool match of the Women’s Rugby League World Cup against Canada today.
A standout playing in the centres in her team’s big win over England on Sunday, McGregor has plenty of experience in the fullback role having previously played the position at a state and club level.
McGregor joins Ruan Sims in the Jillaroos side, with her Sharks teammate to captain the team against the Ravens in the match that kicks off at 4.00pm at Southern Cross Group Stadium.
(For more on Corban McGregor, go to the following link to a Sydney Morning Herald article published today - CLICK HERE)
Talesha Quinn, the third Sharks player involved for the Jillaroos, is on stand-by today after being named in jersey 19. Quinn has played both previous matches in this Women’s World Cup.
With two victories from their two matches so far in the tournament, a third win for the Jillaroos will see them top their pool and head into Saturday’s semi-finals full of confidence.
The Australia v Canada clash is the second of three games set down for Southern Cross Group Stadium today.
The first match sees England play the Cook Islands at 1.45pm, the Jillaroos and Ravens take to the field at 4.00pm, while the final pool game gets underway at 6.30pm when New Zealand play PNG.
The semi-finals kick off on Sunday, with the Women’s RLWC Final to be held on the same day and at the same venue as the men’s finale at Suncorp Stadium on December 2.
To pre-purchase tickets to today's games CLICK HERE. Tickets also on sale at the ground.
The Jillaroos Team is listed below.
1. Corban McGregor – Jillaroo # 139
2. Karina Brown – Jillaroo # 118
3. Annette Brander – Jillaroo # 127
4. Zahara Temara – Jillaroo # 143
5. Chelsea Baker – Jillaroo # 136
6. Ali Brigginshaw – Jillaroo # 102
7. Maddie Studdon – Jillaroo # 130
8. Ruan Sims (c) – Jillaroo # 121
9. Lavina O’Mealey – Jillaroo # 145
10. Rebecca Young – Jillaroo # 117
11. Renae Kunst – Jillaroo # 93
12. Vanessa Foliaki – Jillaroo # 129
13. Simaima Taufa – Jillaroo # 131
14. Brittany Breayley – Jillaroo # 128
15. Heather Ballinger – Jillaroo # 113
16. Kezie Apps – Jillaroo # 126
17. Eliana Walton – Jillaroo # 111
18. Caitlin Moran – Jillaroo # 140
19. Talesha Quinn – Jillaroo # 146
Coach: Brad Donald