You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

The Broncos have convincingly beaten the Sharks 32-10 at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night.

The Sharks were unable to give their skipper Paul Gallen the victory they were hoping for in his 300th NRL match and a game which meant so much to the Club.

The Brisbane Broncos opened the scoring when Matt Gillett broke through some weak Sharks defence on Cronulla’s left edge.

Milford added the extras and score was 6-0 after 6 minutes.

The game was end to end during the early stages of the first half, with boys sides going deep into each others end however no points seemed to come for either side.

The home side would be the one who would break the deadlock though as they earnt an easy penalty close to the Sharks line. The Broncos would point to the sticks and Milford would make no mistake with the shot and the score would move to 8-0 after 18 minutes.

By this stage, the Broncos had all the momentum. The Sharks had no ball deep in the Broncos end and the Brisbane side made the Sharks pay when Darius Boyd crossed over in 35th minute. Milford converted the try and the score went to 14-0.

The clock was quickly heading toward the half time break and the Sharks needed a spark before half time. Luke Lewis would provide that spark when the broke through some soft Broncos defence to get his side on the board. James Maloney’s sideline conversion was successful and the Sharks would get to 14 points to 6 at the break.

When the sides returned from the break, it was genuine one-way traffic.

Tautau Moga scored the first of his second half double when he caught the ball out wide on the Broncos left edge before making easy work of a would-be Kurt Capewell tackle to put his side out to 18-6. Milford converted the try and the score went to 20-6.

The Sharks weren’t able to make the most of any quality field position during the half and it began to show.

The strain proved too much on the Sharks’ discipline when they were again penalised within kicking distance of the Broncos goal posts.

Milford opted to take the penalty shot at goal and he was successful taking the score to 22-6 in the 57th minute.

Two minutes later, the Broncos were again on the scoreboard when Moga picked up his second try for the eving after the Broncos earn a repeat set and Ben Hunt scooped the ball up in the middle of the field before before offloading to the flying centre. The score went to 26-6 and Milford was unable to convert the try.

The Broncos continued to march down field and when easy metres came to them scoreboard pressure came. Corey Oates scored one of the easier tries he will score in his career when he went over in the corner of some soft hands from the Broncos in the 63rd minute.

Milford missed the conversion attempt and the score went to 30-6.

Gerard Beale would earn the Sharks a little credibility back late on when he finished a nice move down the right edge of the park to cross over in the corner.

James Maloney was unable to add the extras and the score remained 30-10 with nine minutes left on the clock.

It then looked as though the Sharks would score once more when Andrew Fifita dropped the ball to his foot before running through to collect and put the ball down however the score was called back and no try was awarded.

To add insult to injury, Anthony Milford kicked his final penalty goal of the night in 79th minute, putting the Sharks to bed and knocking the nail in the coffin to the sound of a 32-10 victory.

Acknowledgement of Country

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.

Premier Partner

Major Partners

View All Partners