The Cronulla Sharks have been awarded the title of the NRL’s number one Membership program, for season 2015.
In reflecting upon the Club's achievements, Sharks Group CEO Lyall Gorman praised Sharks Members for showing their support and embodying the values the Club stands by.
“It's a testament to the Club, it's a testament to the staff, but more importantly it's a testament to our Members," Gorman said.
“We've put in a tremendous amount of work from day one in terms of re-establishing our engagement with our Members, and showing them how much we value them."
Gorman also paid homage to the good work done by the Club’s Membership team, led by CRM and Fan Engagement Manager Brad Pettitt, which has developed an affordable and beneficial Membership program for both the 2015 season and beyond.
"It’s really pleasing to be recognised by the NRL. It has been an incredible period of change for the Club, and such an exciting future ahead," Pettitt said.
"Our focus has been simple, work alongside our Members to create a program that they can be proud of and ensure that as a Club, we can provide a Membership for all Sharks fans. I think we have made huge strides in that respect.
"A huge credit must go to our whole Membership team for their hard work in achieving these wonderful results."
Kel Pethybridge, Club Account Manager at the NRL, praised the efforts of Pettitt and his team.
"The Sharks have done a phenomenal job to turn things around in a very short period of time," Pethybridge said.
"Past mistakes were acknowledged and addressed and there was a genuine commitment to listening to their Members and taking their feedback on board and most importantly, actually putting that into action."
Watch the full interview with the Sharks CEO, speaking about the NRL Membership award, now playing on Sharks TV.
Sharks Membership Transformation: The numbers behind the award.
As of 23rd February YOY an 81% increase in Members. Last season we had just over 5,500 and this season the Club is on track to tally 10,000 for the first time before Round 1.
Just over 3000 New Members heading into Round 1
3 Packages already sold out, ET Upper, Lower and Platinum package.
Some New Benefits & Changes in 2016
- Sharks Rewards - Offering discounts at over 100 retailers nationwide
- Seat Buy Back - Allowing Reserve Seat Members the opportunity to sell back their seat at any games you can't attend
- Flexible Family Packages – In understanding not all families are the same, in 2016 we have a Membership option to suit every family and every Sharks fan.
- Sharks Loyalty Program – Aimed at recognising the commitment of our passionate and proud Members’
- New Country & Interstate Packages - A pack to suit all Sharks Members, whether they reside interstate, in regional NSW or around the World!
Have you joined the Sharks family this season? Become a Member here today and join us in 2016!