Recently we conducted a survey to better understand what you, our Members, value and want most from your Memberships.
It is really important for us to hear your opinions on a variety of elements of our Membership program so that we can continue to meet your needs and raise the bar each year.
We asked you a series of questions across a range of subjects including Member packs, Member merchandise, fulfilment, Member communication, game day experience and Member events. We also gave you the opportunity to give extended responses in the general feedback section.
The results are in! Below are some of the key insights we learned from you:
- 85% of Members indicated they would like to see a Member loyalty program to recognise their Sharks Membership tenure
- 65% of Members were happy with their pack in 2015
- 60% of Members indicated they collected their pack this year, while 80% indicated they would like their pack posted in 2016
- 4 out of every 5 Members surveyed would like the option to purchase a Members Polo or Jersey in 2016
- The most popular events in 2015 so far have been the post-match functions and the Interstate meet and greets
Based on the comments in the general feedback section it is apparent that renewal communication was an issue in 2015. Some of your comments suggested that there was too much focus on communication through social media.
Some of you were dissatisfied with the Membership fulfilment in 2015. Much of the frustration seemed to centre on the lateness of the delivery of your Membership cards. Others of you thought there should be a quicker turnaround from purchase to delivery of your pack.
The importance of a loyalty program has shone through from the survey responses. Suggestions as to how Members can be acknowledged and rewarded for their loyalty included Membership discounts and exclusive merchandise opportunities.
A merchandise voucher was introduced into the Member's packs in 2015. While the inclusion was welcomed by the majority some felt inconvenienced sending their order via post and would prefer to be able to use their voucher online.
Your Membership team is committed to ensuring the experience for all Sharks Members will be greatly improved in 2016. Thanks to your feedback we will be implementing the following initiatives in 2016:
- New and improved fully optimised Membership website including mobile compatibility for ease of use.
- Improved Member communication through a four step approach including post, e-mail, text and phone call.
- Launch of Stage 1 of the Sharks loyalty program to acknowledge and reward our loyal Members.
- NEW Junior Member pack and benefits!
- NEW additional upgrade options for Non-ticketed Members.
- Pack delivery straight to your door for ALL Members
- More flexible and affordable Family options.
- Better pricing models for juniors across all Memberships.
- Ability to redeem your Member vouchers online via the Sharks store.
- 2016 Members jersey available for purchase.
- NEW Ultimate shark experience options.
You, our Members, are the fabric of our Club and as we continiue to evolve and seek best practice, we will continue to call on you to help us shape the future of our Membership program.
Our sincere thanks to all who took the time to complete the 2015 survey. As a reward for doing so, there were three prizes on offer for those Members who completed the survey and we are pleased to announce the following winners:
- Marylene Clarke - seats in the Corporate Suite for the Round 22 match vs the Cowboys
- Shawn Holmes - 2015 Sharks signed jersey and
- Rebecca Sant has her 2016 Membership covered as she won the prize of a Complimentary Membership for next season
Sharks Member Council
At the Sharks we are serious about creating a sustainable Membership program that reflects the needs and wants of Members, and with that in mind we are excited to launch the Sharks Member Council.
We are seeking expressions of interest from all Sharks Members, who want to help us shape the future direction of our Membership program to join our Member Council.
The Member Council will meet quarterly to discuss all things Sharks Membership and using this forum we will seek real time feedback from our Members on ways we can continue to improve.
If this sounds like you, send an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and contact number and a short description of how you would make a difference on the Sharks Member Council.