MAJOR PARTNERS ANNOUNCED
Friday, June 5, 2015
SHARKS ANNOUNCE NEW NAMING RIGHTS AND FRONT OF JERSEY CORPORATE PARTNERS
Cronulla Sharks Group CEO Lyall Gorman today announced the Club has secured a major naming rights partner, whose brand will appear on the front of the jersey from this Sunday until at least the end of 2017.
Gorman was joined by Head Coach Shane Flanagan, Captain Paul Gallen and senior player Michael Ennis at the Sharkies Leagues Club this afternoon to announce Southern Radiology as the Club’s first major long-term naming rights partner since 2011.
And in a further coup, joining one of the largest medical imaging providers in NSW on the front of the “Black, White and Blue” jersey is another new major partner, Bluestone, whose brand will feature on the sternum of the club’s jersey.
Gorman said the joint announcement is a tremendous boost for our playing group, Members, current corporate partners, supporters and region as a whole and will be greeted with enormous excitement as a part of the Club’s Members Round match-day celebrations against the Roosters at Remondis Stadium this Sunday.
“This is a very strong belief statement by two high profile organisations in the future of our Club, our region and the game overall,” he said.
“In working towards a partnership, I always stated it was essential that we find not just any partner, but the right one from a brand, vision and values fit.
“Therefore we are very excited to be joining forces with two partners who are so strongly aligned with our brand, values and ambitions and who are truly committed to engaging our local community and making a real contribution and difference across it.
“I see today as a watershed moment in terms of not only being the stimulus for our club to attract further quality corporate partners but also to continue to secure our long-term financial future.”
Southern Radiology Managing Director, John Conidi, said his innovative Group, which services the southern, inner western and eastern corridors of Sydney, is very excited to be taking pride of place on the front of jersey of the Cronulla Sharks.
"The Sharks are a team with a long history in the NRL, but they are constantly evolving and becoming even more of a positive presence in the Cronulla-Sutherland region,” Conidi said.
“As we take our own brand into a new era, being the major partner of this iconic Club not only gives us great exposure but will also help us to further engage with this vibrant community.”
Bluestone Managing Director Ben Fairfax, a Shire local and fan of the Sharks since childhood, said he was excited to be further cementing the partnership that started in 2010 when the Cronulla Sharks Board appointed Bluestone to be the Club's development partner.
"Through Woolooware Bay we've had the chance to work closely with the Club since 2010, and can see their great determination to build closer, meaningful links with the community – which is a natural alignment to our own approach," he said.
BACKGROUND: Southern Radiology Group
· Southern Radiology Group (“Southern Radiology”) is a leading diagnostic imaging provider who is committed to providing prompt and professional care to both patients and referrers.
· With eight facilities across New South Wales and led by specialist diagnostic imaging radiologists, Southern Radiology provides comprehensive diagnostic support across all imaging modalities.
· Services include diagnostic radiology, interventional radiology, cardiac CT, magnetic resonance imaging, nuclear medicine and obstetric and gynaecological imaging.
· Consists of private community and hospital based practices, as well as two imaging research facilities.
· Founded in Hurstville by Dr Peter Spiegel in 1956. In 1994, a partnership was formed between Dr Peter Spiegel and Dr Bryan Fain, offering one of the first CT services available to the communities of Southern Sydney. From a single practice with 2 radiologists and 5 employees, The Southern Radiology Group has now grown to 8 practices with 17 radiologists and over 170 employees, as well as unique partnerships with specialists in the fields of cardiology, paediatrics and obstetrics/ gynaecology.
· Southern Radiology Group is committed to providing GPs and their patients with access to products enabling a more personalized medical service. Creating a unified treatment approach to the individual, leads to a better diagnosis, early intervention and ultimately leading to improved patient outcomes.
· At the forefront of industry leading equipment and modern technology, including 3D medical printing and holographic projection.
· GP Medicare rebatable services and same to next-day appointments available.
· SR to increase their footprint in the Sutherland Shire.
· Community Engagement a key.
· Mutual goals of growth and excellence.
Established in late 2009 by Ben Fairfax and Steve Grant, Bluestone has steadily grown its client base by developing and nurturing relationships with community- dedicated organisations such as clubs, churches, community groups, as well as private investors.
Bluestone is intensely passionate about delivering positive change and making a difference with each development it undertakes and is particularly focused on community creation, social benefit and long-term sustainability.
Through an entrepreneurial and flexible approach to development, Bluestone brings a vast depth of experience to every project, harnessing creative thought processes while acting in a systematic manner. Utilising appropriate consultants from town planning and architecture through to design consultants, project delivery and then on to sales and marketing and ongoing asset management ensures this outcome.
In 2010 the Cronulla Sutherland Leagues Club appointed Bluestone to become their development partner in the transformation of their 10-hectare waterfront landholdings at Woolooware Bay.
The Woolooware Bay Town Centre comprises three key elements: The creation of a retail, dining and medical precinct; a residential community of more than 600 apartments; and the regeneration of the Shark’s clubhouse, entertainment and community facilities.
The first residential apartments, now under construction, launched to the market in January 2014. 450 apartments have since sold.
Since working with The Sharks, Bluestone has instigated a range of community partnerships with local groups and schools, including the development of two new turf playing fields and an architecturally-designed clubhouse for the Cronulla Caringbah Junior Rugby League Football Club, located at Cronulla High School. They have also spearheaded the area’s first ‘Career Expo’ for students of local high schools – to be held in July.