You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

In a game of fluctuating fortunes, the SG Ball Sharks have kept their finals hopes alive with a 30-22 triumph over St George in their round eight match at Remondis Stadium.

The Sharks fell behind early, fought back to lead at half time, extended that advantage after the break, before trailing with 10 minutes left in the match.

Showing good composure they would fight back in final period of the game, with two late tries ensuring a much-needed win.

It was a horrible start for the Sharks, two Dragon tries in the opening 10 minutes of the contests seeing the visitors go to a 10-0 lead.

From there however they managed to work their way back into the game and exploited an advantage down their right hand side in attack, with winger Chris Tupou crossing for two tries, before skipper Curtis Scott would go over in giving his team a 14-10 lead at the half time break.

The Sharks were first to score through Cameron Scott in the opening exchanges of the second period to make it 18-10, before momentum shifted on the back of a handful of Cronulla errors.

A forward pass from the ruck put the Dragons on the offensive and they capitalized with a soft try from dummy half through their hooker Reece Robson, before the ensuing kick off went out on the full, again inviting the St George team into an attacking position.

And once more they would make the Sharks pay, centre Lachlan Hughes beating a handful of defenders to crash over adjacent to the uprights.

With both tries converted the Dragons would lead 22-18 midway through the second-half.

But the Sharks were far from finished, a spectacular leaping try from Amo Lualua from a Jack Williams cross kick leveled the scores, before Williams  put his team in from with the conversion attempt.

Keeping the pressure on the Sharks continued to attack a tired Dragons defense, with five eighth Kyle Flanagan dummying his way through to score from close range to confirm the result.

The win was a crucial one for the under-18 Cronlla side, who now go to nine competition points in giving them hope of qualifying for finals with one game remaining.

For the Sharks lock Billy Magoulias was involved in everything in a non-stop 70 minute effort, centre Curtis Scott terrorized his opposite number, while props Brock Ilett and Justin Timu both made successful returns after lengthy stints on the sideline with injury.

The final match for the Ball Sharks will be against South Sydney next Saturday.

Chris Tupou 2, Cameron Scott, Curtis Scott, Kyle Flanagan, Amo Lualua tries, Jack Williams 3 goals
St George 22



Acknowledgement of Country

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.

Premier Partner

Major Partners

View All Partners