Sharks and Crust Join to Help Charities
Members of the Sharks’ first grade squad have channelled their inner culinary and creative skills, all in the name of charity.
In partnership with Crust Cronulla, Paul Gallen, Andrew Fifita, Chris Heighington, Anthony Tupou, Wade Graham, Tinirau Arona and Mitch Brown have inspired a new line of pizzas to be sold out of the store.
The initiative hopes to raise money in a fun and tasteful manner; with $2 from each pizza sold to be donated to a charity of the player’s choice, from now until the end of the NRL season.
Brown’s charity selection, FSHD Global, works in researching the cause and potential treatment of Facioscapulohumeral Dystrophy – an inheritable muscle disease that has had a direct affect on his family.
Brown’s nine-year-old cousin, also named Mitch, has recently been diagnosed with the disease and the winger says that the Crust initiative is a great way to help promote awareness.
“Six months ago Mitch was running around kicking balls, now he’s in a wheelchair,” he said.
“He has a very aggressive form of the disease. I want to do all I can to raise awareness and funds of the foundation, which hopes to find a treatment and cure for other young children like Mitch.”
The Sharks club encourage members, fans, Cronulla residents and lovers of all things pizza to head down to Crust and to help support the charities.
The range of the available pizzas, and the charities that they will assist, may be seen below.
Paul Gallen’s ‘G-Train Special’ – Supporting: RUOK?
- Tomato base, BBQ chicken, ham, bacon, ground beef, prosciutto & garlic aioli (garnish)
Andrew Fifita’s ‘Double Trouble’ – Supporting: The Clontarf Foundation
- Tomato base, BBQ chicken, ham, bacon, caramelised onions, tomatoes and garlic aioli & basil (garnish)
Chris Heighington’s ‘The Rhino’ – Supporting: Bowel Cancer Australia
- BBQ sauce base, BBQ chicken, tomatoes, pineapple and basil (garnish)
Anthony Tupou’s ‘Toops Time Bomb’ – Supporting: Sutherland Hospital
- Tomato & garlic base, pepperoni, spinach, cherry tomatoes, garlic prawns, bocconcini and red chilli & lemon wedge (garnish)
Wade Graham’s ‘The Graham Gourmet’ – Supporting: The Black Dog Institute
- Tomato and garlic base, Mediterranean lamb, Spanish onions, tomatoes, roasted potato, mint yoghurt and lemon wedge (garnish)
Tinirau Arona’s ‘Arona Special’ – Supporting: Miracle Babies
- Tomato and garlic base, wagyu beef, caramelised onion, mushrooms, garlic prawns, feta and hollandaise & avocado (garnish)
Mitch Brown’s ‘Aussie Albert’ – Supporting: FSHD Global
- Tomato base, bacon, wagyu beef, spinach, caramelised onion, roasted capsicum, mushroom, roasted potato and garlic aioli (garnish)