Friday 1 June 2012 12:25 PM
The Sharks are committed to assisting charities and community organisations that meet the goals of the Sharks Community Relations program ‘Sharks Support’.
The Club receives hundreds of requests for donations and/or assistance from many worthy charities and organisations each season. There are also numerous requests made of the Sharks to have players appear at special functions, local sporting clubs, local schools and charity events, and as a result, the following procedure is in place.
Signing of Merchandise-
The club does not accept any merchandise sent in for signing. All items will be returned to the addressee unsigned. Alternatively you can attend an open training sessions or Fan Days throughout the year to secure signatures. Please keep an eye out on our website for upcoming dates on these events. If you would like an item to be signed for a fundraiser or charity event please send in a request letter first, if approved we will then contact you and inform you of our procedure.
Player Appearance Policy-
All requests must be received at least eight weeks prior to the event and most requests will be responded to in writing, whether successful or not.
Due to the high level of corporate commitment together with our already associated community programs, and their strict training schedule, the Sharks cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your appearance request.
The Club will make the final decision in relation to which player, if successful, will attend your appearance.
The Club will not enter into any personal appearances, e.g. birthdays, weddings, etc.
Appearance requests are to be kept to a maximum of one hour. If you require an extension of this time you will need to discuss this with the Club after your formal request has been submitted.
Please note: Sharks player appearances are an endorsement to a community service, or are sponsor-related.
Player availability is between mid March through to mid August (during the regular NRL season).
All requests must contain information and be submitted through in writting to George Nour.
The Sharks are grateful recipients of exceptional support, strength and motivation from countless devoted fans across the Sharks community.
As an elite sporting organisation it is our responsibility and commitment to play an active role within the community.
While the Club endeavours to support where we can, unfortunately we are unable to fulfil every worthwhile request due to the overwhelming volume of requests received.
The Sharks receive many requests from individuals who have fallen on hard times.
Whilst we endeavour to assist as many of these people as possible, the individual’s relationship with the Sharks will be a factor in assisting these types of requests.
The Sharks receive many donation requests for assistance and appreciate your patience.
Preference will be given to the following causes in the following order:
- Shire based Junior or Senior Rugby League Clubs who need assistance in addition to their own fundraising efforts
- Shire Based Individuals who are involved in rugby league and have fallen on hard times
- Shire based Schools who are involved in Rugby League
- Nominated charities of the Sharks Community Foundation (TBA)
- Not for profit organisations
The following information is required with applications:
- No athletic functions with risk of injury will be considered.
- Applications must be made in writing at least 8 weeks prior to event
- Applications must be on organisation letterhead and contain letter of authority
- Junior and Senior Rugby League Clubs must detail their own fundraising efforts and how our assistance will complement their program.
- Schools must provide evidence of their support of rugby league
- Due to the high level of demand, we cannot take phone enquiries regarding whether the request has been approved.
- If you are fundraising via an event, please provide the date and location of the event, plus where the funds raised will be going
- We only donate to an organisation once per year. (Except for the charities of the Sharks Community Foundation) Only in exceptional circumstances, will we donate to any charities who have already received donations from other NRL Clubs, or the ARL.
It would be a suggestion that if you are based outside of the Sutherland Shire district, your request should be directed to NRL’s One Community Program.
Unfortunately Sharks Support does not provide financial support due to our ongoing financial commitment to our current programs.
ATTN: George Nour - ‘Sharks Support’
Sharks Community Relations Program
PO BOX 2219